Website Design and Mobile Applications
Website Development Process
At Advent we recognize that the way the Internet works can often times be a baffling combination of facts, impressions, misinformation and boundless use of acronyms. It is a daunting task to address this and find how your company can harness the power of the web. As such, we work with you in a defined process that starts with your input and company-specific knowledge then follows with Advent bringing together creative design, intricate programming and strategic consulting for a successful finished product.
Advent has prepared a step-by-step production checklist for you. This checklist is designed to outline the steps needed to produce a comprehensive, professional Internet solution in a time-efficient manner combining your professional knowledge of the subject matter and Advent's competency in design, production and programming. This will assist your understanding of the steps taken to facilitate the development and implementation of your corporate website and/or Internet project.
To start, we ask that you complete the Website Inquiry Form. Once we can review your information we can begin moving on to the first step of the process.
Website Development Steps
Step 1: Project Briefing/Research
- Establish the website navigation structure (navigation flow chart)
- After completing the questionnaire, Advent will create a flow chart that will indicate what pages and/or links will be on the website and how they will flow from page to page (i.e. Home, Products, Services, About Us, Contact Us, etc.)
- Establish necessary "Branding" elements, if needed Identify proper logo placement, color schemes and/or any layout restrictions that may be required.
Step 2: Preliminary Design Approval
- Verify the navigation structure (link structure)
- This should match the agreed-upon navigation flow chart. Any changes to layout or design will be agreed upon and revisions will be presented to client for approval.
- Does the layout reflect the Client's desired color scheme and design? Verify the look and feel of the website. Changes to color and layout are to be agreed upon during this process.
- Layout should reflect the client's desired "Branding"
- Does the branding match the agreed-upon "Branding" scheme from Step 1? What changes might be suggested if not?
- Is the layout acceptable?
- Organize organic SEO strategy
- Once verified that all of the above issues have been addressed, the client will "Sign Off" on the graphic layout so production may continue.
Step 3: Production and Implementation Process
During this step of the process, Advent will construct the entire website utilizing the approved design layout from Step 2 and the content and graphics from Step 1.
- Acquire any and all images and/or graphics or logos in digital format
- 150 dpi (dots per square inch) or better (i.e., .BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG or .TIF image formats) to Advent that will be used for the website project.
- Prepare content / verbiage for each website page
- Implement a proprietary or open source (CMS)Content Management System
- The client may view the production of the website using any internet connection and an internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer).
Step 4: Testing, Debugging and Final Analysis
This is the final stage of production in which Advent will review the entire website and double check content accuracy as well as verify that all links, forms and program functionality is working correctly.
- Advent will double-check all spelling and punctuation.
- Verify hyperlink connections.
- Test and Debug orms and programming.
- Implement final organic SEO steps.
Step 5: Final Deployment
- Gather final hosting information.
- Prepare final hosting server with necessary libraries/updates.
- Upload approved site and content to "Live" production server.
- Tweak any final server configurations.